Educational and Scholarship Opportunities
Check out this scholarship by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.! Click here to download information and the form.
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE PAID TRAINING PROGRAM
Begins May 2018
Presented by UPMC and the Energy Innovation Center
Training program includes:
Instruction in the process of cleaning all aspects of the hospital to meet the required safety standards
Education in promoting the quality of care that is given to all patients and patients families
Five weeks of classroom and hands-on training
Monday—Friday / 9am—2pm
Participants are hired as temporary UPMC employees
Participants are paid $12.32 per hour during training program
Upon successful completion of the training program, participants will be considered for part-time or full-time position with UPMC
TO REGISTER OR RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Chaquita Barnett (email@example.com, 412-482-3361) or Anna Marie Mumich (firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-482-3364)
Urban League of Young Professionals -- Scholarship
The Junior League of Pittsburgh will be awarding a $1,500 scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year to a woman who is academically focused the risk factors of childhood food insecurity and/or methods for ensuring childhood food access. All applicants must be enrolled in a college or university in Allegheny County, Pa. at the associate, bachelor or graduate level to qualify.
For additional information, please contact Robin Alexander at email@example.com or visit www.jlpgh.org/scholarships/ to download the scholarship application packet.
The Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation (BGC) has two excellent youth programs that can provide your organization with enthusiastic high school students who are interested in your field of work!
The BGC is seeking organizational partners that will give high school youths a safe and productive internship. Your organization or business can benefit from the valuable work of these engaged students while being a part of the development of Pittsburgh's future workforce!
The BGC will be responsible for:
- Paying all wages for students
- Paying all workers’ compensation, liability insurance, employer taxes
- Acting as a liaison between you and your youth intern
Take this opportunity to help nurture Pittsburgh's rising workforce and discover our local talent while getting help for your workplace!
Please fax back the attached interest form to 412-441-6918 or scan the interest form and email us!
Builders Guild -- JOINT APPRENTICESHIP COMMITTEE Local Union No. 5, I.B.E.W., and Western PA Chapter, N.E.C.A.
APPRENTICESHIP opportunities for those who meet the requirements are hereby announced by the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee of the I.B.E.W. Local Union #5 and the Western PA Chapter of N.E.C.A.
Applications will be distributed at the:
Electrical Training Center – 5 Hot Metal Street, Suite 100, Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2356 (South Side)
MARCH 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th – from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
March 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th – from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Clearfield Training Center – 1400 Leonard Street, Clearfield, PA 16830
MARCH 17TH – from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
1. Copy of your High School transcript/Official or Unofficial (not the diploma) or your GED with scores (not a copy of the certificate) and High School transcript for years attended.
2. Your Driver’s License.
3. A (non-refundable) check or money order only for $25.00 made payable to Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee. We will not accept cash payments; check or money orders only.
ROOFERS LOCAL #37 J.A.C. NOW ACCEPTING APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING APPLICATIONS
The United Union of Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers Local #37 is now accepting applications for entry into their 2018 Apprenticeship Training Program. Applications are taken at the JAC Training Center located at 230 Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. (a scheduled appointment is necessary.)
Applications should be filed no later than March 23, 2018 to be considered for the June 2018 Apprentice class.
Upon application acceptance candidates will be required to take a written test, undergo an in-person interview and a drug screening test before being accepted into the program. Other minimum requirements are as follows:
· Be of legal working age.
· Be physically able to perform the manual work of the trade. (A roofer should have no fear of height, a good sense of balance, and a better than average sense of safety for themselves and their co-workers.)
· Proof of High School Graduation or G.E.D. Certificate (Official Transcript.)
· Valid Pennsylvania Drivers’ License and reliable personal transportation.
· Must reside within the geographical jurisdiction of Local #37. (Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Elk, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntington, Indiana, Jefferson, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties)
To schedule an application appointment or for more information on this exciting career please visit www.rooferslocal37.com or contact John Ochap, Apprentice Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-732-9720.